7.30.2011

Lil Bit Emo


This tutorial is for those that have a working knowledge of PSP. This tutorial was written by me on July 30, 2011 and any resemblance is purely coincidental. I use PSP 9, but any version should work. I do not allow my tutorials to be translated and please do not claim them as your own. If you would like to share the tutorial please send a link to my blog. Thank you!




Things Needed:

Tube/Image of choice: I am using the work of Very Many which you can purchase at http://picsfordesign.com/
Kit of choice: I am using Schnegges A Bit Emo which is a PTU kit which you can purchase here at Heartfelt Perfections.

Plugins: VM Distortion Radiator-, Penta-Dot and Cross

Template/Mask: Not Needed



Let’s Begin:

1) Open a new transparent image 600 x 250

2) Open a paper of choice and paste as a new layer on our working image (I used paper 13)

3) Apply our VM Distortion Radiator at default settings- (You can play with the settings to see what you like)

4) Now apply your penta dot and cross at the default settings again you can play with the settings to come up with something different.

5) Open Frame01_AbitEmo_Schnegge.png and resize by 50%

6) Paste this frame as a new layer on our working image

7) Open GlitterSplat03_AbitEmo_Schnegge.png and resize by 50%

8) Paste as a new layer on our working image

9) Move this layer below our frame layer and move to the left of the frame to your liking

10) Repeat steps 7-9 with another glitter of choice but place to the right

11) Add a drop shadow to both glitter layers I used the following drop shadow

• 0, 0, 100, 5.00, black

12) Now highlight your frame layer

13) Click inside you’re your frame with your magic wand

14) Selections- Modify- Expand by 10

15) Open the same paper your started with and paste as a new layer again

16) Selections- Invert

17) Hit delete on your keyboard at this time

18) DO NOT DESELECT!

19) Open your tube now and resize if necessary

20) Paste as a new layer on your working image

21) Place to your liking so the part you like is inside of the frame

22) Now paste your tube again/or another tube of choice and move over the left glitter

23) Fade this layer out by adjusting the opacity to your liking ( mine is at 76)

24) Open your tube again/or another tube of choice and move over the right glitter

25) Now you can leave like this or you can crop the excess by going to EACH glitter layer

26) Selections-- Select all – float—defloat

27) Selections—invert

28) Now you can go to the tube layer and hit delete

29) You will want to repeat this for the other side

30) Open Cardboard_AbitEmo_Schnegge.png and rotate by 90 to the right

31) Paste as a new layer on our working image

32) Move to the bottom (look at my tag for reference) ( I moved this between my glitter and frame layers)

33) Add a nice drop shadow to this layer

34) At this time add any extra elements you might want. I added the staple and candles

35) Also you can add the curtains to the sides

36) At this point I think the tag is complete but live on the edge change it up play around heck you might love what you come up with.

37) Add your copyrights and names at this time.

38) Export as a jpg

Thank you so much for trying my tutorial I hope you like your results and I would love to see it. Feel free to send to me or even put on FB and give me a yell. I like to see others completed tags done using my tutorials.



-Hugs,



Carmin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fantastic job thanks for the invite....huggers.....Jo